September 10, 2019
PAC is Hiring: IT Specialist
PAC is seeking qualified candidates for an IT Specialist position at our San Diego, California headquarters. The Information Technology Specialist is primarily responsible for leading the maintenance and continuous improvements of PAC’s information technology infrastructure and security for all US locations, in alignment with PAC Australia’s infrastructure and operations. Secondary responsibilities are focused on services to client/contract needs as required. Grow with PAC and continue to build a stronger and more secure IT infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- This role will oversee IT hardware inventory and refresh program for corporate desktops and laptops.
- Responsible for planning, installing and maintaining company systems and infrastructure.
- Develop and implement the policy and procedures for installing and configuring workstations for all employees.
- The Information Technology Specialist will support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software requests for all levels in the company and shall identify trends to enable process improvement and definition.
- Provide end user support for all LAN- based applications; Exchange, Document Management System, MS Office.
- Develop and implement plans to meet current and future IT needs of the company and staff. This role will lead US corporate efforts to become NIST SP 800-171 compliant and support achievement of Australian FOUO accreditation.
- Contribute to and enforce corporate security policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain a corporate security awareness, education and training program.
- Bachelor degree in related field. Additional related professional work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
- 5 years broad professional experience in the field of information systems
- 3 years specialised experience in Information Technology Management
- Have or working towards Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Security + certification
- Cyber Operation Center experience
- Professional work involving independence in approach and demanding a considerable degree of judgment
- Familiarity with:
- NIST Special Publication P 800-171 Basic Safeguarding
- NIST Special Publication 800-37, Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations
- NIST Special Publication 800-53, Security controls
- ISO 27001, Information Security Management System
- NAS 9933 Managing Supplier Risk
- DODI – 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)
- Awareness of CMMC implementation roadmap / way forward
- Experience with penetration testing and running cyber security scans (DISA STIGs)
- Knowledgeable of MS Sharepoint configuration, development and management
- Management and hands-on working knowledge and experience with technologies and their associated security vulnerability avoidance.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences in person and remotely
- Advanced working and support knowledge of Windows desktop and Windows Server to include Active Directory, Domain Controller functionality and group policy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and thorough knowledge of Office 2013/2016
- Familiar with Dell Sonicwall NSA appliances
- Experience troubleshooting Site-to-Site VPN and SSL-VPN issues
- Troubleshooting complex issues, identifying root causes and implementing solutions
- Virus and Malware detection and removal
- Router, Switch and Firewall configuration
- Ability to complete routine tasking independently with little supervision
- Proactive Process Improvement
- Basic understanding of export (ITAR) controls