December 10, 2019
Pacific Aerospace Consulting (PAC) has an exciting opportunity to join a highly performing team delivering exceptional capabilities to our clients.
Based in Canberra, the Network Engineering Specialist will provide the in-depth planning and implementation of technical solutions to meet customer demands.
Reporting to the Information Security & Cyberworthiness Technical Lead, the successful applicant will have broad experience across the design, implementation and support for multiple clients.
- Analyse & understand client requirements regarding ICT network architecture.
- Design, plan & enhance ICT network architectures
- Attend meetings with clients, presenting solutions and conducting reviews to ensure client’s business requirements are met.
- Assist with drafting responses to tender requests.
- Keeping appraised of the developments of new network technologies
- Ensuring client satisfaction throughout the project until project completion.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience designing, implementing & supporting ICT networks.
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience in several the following technologies:
- Cisco Routing, Switching, Firewalls & Wireless
- Fortinet Firewalls & Wireless
- Riverbed WAN Accelerators, SDWAN & Wireless
- Microsoft Azure Networking
- A detailed understanding of LAN & WAN networking concepts (VLAN, VDOM etc)
- A comprehensive understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP etc)
- Proven experience implementing & providing ongoing support for UTM devices
- Experience with Microsoft Azure & integration methods including Express Route & IPSEC VPN’s.
- Ability to design & implement QoS profiles for LAN & WAN devices
- Ability to design & implement wireless networks including the use of wireless survey software
- Experience implementing & troubleshooting carrier networks.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CCNA, JCNP etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skill, a genuine passion for customer service, and well-developed problem-solving skills are required.
The successful applicant will hold, or be eligible to hold, a current Australian (NV1) security clearance. Applicants should also be willing to undertake a psychological assessment to determine their suitability to work in a high security environment.
PAC is currently seeking resumes from exceptional candidates to fill this role. Should this sound like the sort of adventure you are seeking, and if you’re interesting in being part of an innovative team dedicated to delivering capability outcomes, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today. UPDATE: This position has been filled. To view open positions, please visit the careers page.