April 22, 2020
Would you like to expand your career within a growing and innovative team?
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Information & Communication Technology (ICT) professional who welcomes working within a small business. The PAC Information Technology Specialist will be located in our Canberra office and will support the team in our Sydney office as well as remote teams across Australia.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist will lead the maintenance, continuous improvement and security of PAC’s IT infrastructure for our Australian Division and help deliver exceptional capabilities to our clients. You will be comfortable working as a sole system administrator and work collaboratively with our US-based IT Specialist to will align AUS/US infrastructure and operations as applicable. Secondary responsibilities may include a focus on client/contract needs, as required.
Your stand-alone role is varied and involves working with internationally-based staff. It will require someone who is autonomous, who displays initiative and who demonstrates strong business acumen and ethical conduct.
- You have a tertiary qualification or vocational training in Information & Communication Technology.
- You have at least 5 years’ ICT experience in at least one of the following domains, preferably within the Defence/Military environment:
- Security and Risk Management;
- Asset Security;
- Security Engineering;
- Communications and Network Security;
- Identity and Access Management;
- Security Assessment and Testing; and/or
- Security Operations.
- You have practical application of technical security controls to meet a published regulatory security framework.
- You have excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills; and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences in person and remotely.
- You will provide on-site and remote support to PAC employees for technology-related issues. This support is key during the US IT Specialist’s off-hours.
- You will install and maintain corporate ICT systems and supporting infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with the US IT Specialist to enable access to shared IT systems, while achieving and maintaining required IT network security certifications.
- You will install and configure Windows-based workstations for all new corporate hardware.
- You will support, monitor, test and troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software requests from the President/CEO & Executive Leadership Team.
- You will contribute to and enforce corporate security policies and procedures in collaboration with the US IT Specialist.
- You will manage Data Security controls within corporate systems and facility access controls.
PAC provides you with the opportunity to work in a close-knit, innovative team environment and empowers you to make an impact whilst delivering capability for the Australian Defence Force. We offer growth and development opportunities and a work-life balance that enables our team to thrive. PAC will provide you with a flexible and supportive working environment, up to 2 weeks paid parental leave, and access to our Novated Lease program.
PAC is an equal opportunity employer and a proud signatory of the Veterans Employment Commitment in support of Australian Prime Minister’s Veterans Employment Program initiative. PAC recognizes the value Veterans bring to our clients and culture, and welcomes Veteran applications for this role.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants who are Australian citizens or permanent residents for this position. You may be required to obtain a security clearance as a condition of engagement.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. UPDATE: This position has been filled. To view open positions, please visit the careers page.