May 10, 2020
About the Role
The PAC Finance Manager will be located in our St Leonards office and will support the team in our Canberra office as well as remote teams across Australia. You will input and analyse everyday financial activities for PAC and subsequently provide advice to executive management on future financial plans in order to enable sound business decisions and meet company objectives.
Your role is varied and involves working with internationally-based staff. It will require someone who is autonomous, who displays initiative and who demonstrates strong business acumen and ethical conduct.
- You are a Finance professional with a tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance.
- You have at least 5 years’ broad professional experience in the financial sector (with previous roles such as a Financial Analyst).
- You are a proficient user of Excel and Finance software (specifically Reckon).
- You have a solid understanding of accounting principles, financial statistics and financial trends; and you are able to interpret company and general market patterns.
- You are proficient with financial management, foreign exchange and job costing.
- You have a working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations (CASG Cost Principles compliance is highly valued).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is highly desirable.
- Record Management: You will maintain all official accounting records in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and CASG Cost Principals. You will conduct a monthly reconciliation of all expenses and be responsible for approving employee expense requests/reports.
- Payroll and Invoicing: You will be responsible for administering payroll and invoicing for PAC Australia.
- Financial Analysis: You will analyse costs, pricing, and variable contributions. You will provide comparisons on the company actuals versus business plans; and develop projections and trends for PAC’s finances.
- Financial Reporting: You will be responsible for financial reporting and interpretation of financial information for managerial staff, as well as providing recommended further action(s) to ensure financial viability. You will provide third-party accountants and stakeholders with annual financial statements.
- Operational Reporting: You will support the Business Manager with monthly reporting requirements.
- Budgeting: You will prepare PAC Australia’s budget and identify any cost-reduction opportunities.
- Enterprise Resource Planning: You will manage financial and project administration within PAC’s ERP.
- Proposal Rate Development: You will be responsible for costings of proposals. You will develop and maintain indirect load rates and risk-build templates to standardise processes.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants who are Australian citizens or permanent residents for this position. You may be required to obtain a security clearance as a condition of engagement.
PAC is an equal opportunity employer and a proud signatory of the Veterans Employment Commitment in support of Australian Prime Minister’s Veterans Employment Program initiative. PAC recognizes the value Veterans bring to our clients and culture, and welcomes Veteran applications for this role.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com. UPDATE: This position has been filled. To view open positions, please visit the careers page.