August 19, 2020
The ICT Network Engineer will be located on our client site in Canberra and will support a multidisciplinary delivery team across Canberra, Williamtown and remote sites in Australia. As a member of our highly motivated team, the ICT Network Engineer will design, test and integrate ICT solutions for a nationwide tactical data link system. This role will provide the opportunities and resources required to sculpt the shape of the battlespace whilst working within a company that values its people and nurtures excellence.
The ICT Network Engineer will have the support of an established delivery team, but will still require autonomy and a decision-making ability of the highest order. It will require someone who takes ownership, displays initiative, likes to collaborate, and demonstrates a strong business acumen and ethical conduct.
- You will have experience and/or skills in the following:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CUCME)
- Network virtualisation
- Development and execution of Test Plans
- Designing and documenting ICT Network(s), preferably in a Defence environment
- Development of network architecture diagrams
- You have an understanding of Systems Engineering concepts.
- You have experience with the creation or adaptation of existing detailed designs.
- You have demonstrated proficiency utilising network monitoring solutions.
- You are a dynamic thinker, with the ability to solve problems within specific cost, schedule and performance parameters.
- You wish to contribute to integral design changes for a critical mission system.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- You hold a minimum of a NV1 security clearance (essential). NV2 is highly desirable.
- Cisco certifications preferable (CCNP, CCIE).
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is highly desirable.
About the Responsibilities
You will be working at our client site in Fyshwick to develop and implement ICT solutions for a tactical data link network. Working collaboratively with the Engineering Manager, you will assess the requirements of cyberworthiness and technical regulatory compliance and implement any necessary changes. In carrying out your duties, you will develop and demonstrate a command of ICT system design, development and certification. You will also develop and demonstrate a working knowledge of the TRAMM-L environment, with the ability to achieve Technical Regulatory Authority.
You will ensure all system changes are compliant with configuration management best practices, and will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to ensure the system is operationally effective.
About the Benefits
PAC provides you with the opportunity to work in a close-knit, innovative team environment and empowers you to make an impact whilst delivering capability for the Australian Defence Force. We offer growth and development opportunities and a work-life balance that enables our team to thrive. PAC will provide you with a flexible and supportive working environment, paid parental leave and access to our Novated Lease program.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. PAC is proud to be a signatory of the Veterans Employment Commitment and is an equal opportunity workplace. Employment decisions are made solely based on the best person for the job and without regard to candidate status, background and/or any characteristics protected by laws and regulations.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are Australian citizens. You will be required to hold, or be eligible to hold, and maintain a security clearance as a condition of engagement.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position is now closed.