November 24, 2020
We are seeking an autonomous individual with displayed history of initiative, strong business acumen and ethical conduct. The PAC Position will be located in Patuxent River, MD and involves supporting the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Technical Liaison Office (TLO) in Systems and Structures engineering for the F/A-18 Hornet/Super Hornet/Growler.
The role involves collaboration with Australia-based staff across different physical locations and multiple time zones and supports client tasks and objectives as well as corporate needs.
About the Responsibilities
Structural Integrity Support:
- Certification. Applying engineering authority to develop, review and provide advice on detailed designs and logistics for Engineering Change Proposals
- Suitability Assessments. Understanding of the factors required to be satisfied to certify a system for use within the Australian Defence Force, as derived from applicable aviation regulations.
- Review Board Preparation. Make active contribution to preparation for Board of Review examination of design packages and related aerospace support products
- System Safety Analysis. Understanding of the factors and the required documentation involved in the certification of a safe system.
- Risk Assessment. Assisting the customer in identification, monitoring and management of aerospace structural hazards and risk mitigation activities.
- In-Service Support. Review of fleet structural failure findings and other anomalies and providing disposition recommendations. Advising on matters including corrosion, fatigue management, aircraft structural testing and maintenance policy.
- Requirements Determination. Responsible for advising on requirements definition and documentation on behalf of the customer for aircraft related designs, leading to a Statement of Requirement (SOR). Responsible for preparing those documents as authorized by the customer for review, and delivery and consultation on the content of those documents to a third party.
- Design Review. Responsible to the customer for oversight of the design process, in accordance with best practice systems engineering. Provide direction to third parties on the minimum acceptable process in the conduct of design reviews on behalf of the customer.
- Product Specification. Responsible for the preparation of a Functional Performance Specification (FPS). Responsible for obtaining the drawings, specifications, manuals and other documents which form the basis for certification of the product, to the greatest extent possible and delivery to the customer.
- Providing advice to the client / Project Manager on scheduling engineering tasks.
- Providing advice to the client / Project Manager on contract risks and issues.
- Developing and reviewing project documentation.
- Use of configuration management systems
- Identification of configuration management requirements of new systems
- Identification of configuration management deficiencies in existing systems
Test and Evaluation / Verification:
- Product Evaluation. Develop and execute a Test Plan, leading to test reports and other data necessary to show compliance with an SOR.
- System Safety Analysis. Responsible for the collation and documentation of airworthiness issues identified in the course of evaluation, for risk analysis by the customer.
- Test Reports. Critical analysis of test reports against the standards outlined in the FPS, and delivery to the customer of supporting documentation for the System Safety Analysis.
This is a full-time salaried position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, aeronautical, systems, or similar).
- Post graduate qualification in engineering or related field is desirable.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ broad experience in Aerospace Engineering with at least 3 years’ specialized expertise Aerospace Project Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Acquisition or Sustainment.
- Experience with civilian and/or military aircraft system acquisition and certification frameworks, such as the Australian Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASRs)
- Experience with, or an understanding of the agencies associated with operation and maintenance of Australian and/or American military aircraft.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-starter who identifies and pursues opportunities, and works well as part of a team or independently.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 desirable.
- Medical, Dental, Optical
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with matching
- Employee benefits and support program
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities for training, education and advancement
- Four weeks Annual Leave, six days Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays per annum.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of inclusivity. PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where employment decisions are made on the basis of merit and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are US or Australian citizens. Holding, or eligibility to obtain, and maintaining a secret security clearance is a condition of employment in this role.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.