December 17, 2020
For the next installment in our ongoing “Day in the Life” series, we’re excited to introduce Ellie Graham! Ellie is one of our Mission Planning System Administrators located near Nowra, NSW. Read on for some insight into what it is that she does, and common misconceptions about the role!
- In one sentence, explain the problem that you solve for your client.
I help Aircrew achieve operational capability by supporting mission planning systems.
2. How did you come to be in the mission planning field?
I served 7 years in the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) as a combat system operator working with Link 16, which is one of the systems we manage here at the Squadron. In my time in the RAN, I worked at the Squadron so most of the routines and processes were familiar to me. I have also established good connections through my strong work ethic and skillset, which didn’t go un-noticed whilst at the squadron for a short period of time.
3. Tell us a little about yourself. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy getting outdoors, doing walks, climbs, exploration. Anything to do with the beach and water sports. I play competition netball. I also enjoy catching up with friends and family and anything social.
4. What are the top five tasks that take up the bulk of your work days?
Daily updates of systems
Walk in customer queries
Link 16 daily operations and support
JMPS and Server upgrade configuration and networking
Deployed Flights Support
5. List three skills/traits you think someone has to have in order to be a perfect fit for the team:
System networking experience
Self-motivation to complete tasks independently
Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills
6. What do you enjoy most about the work that you do?
I like that it’s always busy, there is always something to be doing. I’m forever learning new skills and I have been lucky to have such a good knowledgeable, supportive manager who we are always learning from and provides a fun and enjoyable place to work.
7. What’s a common misconception about the work that you do?
Everyone jokes a bit about ‘lazy contractors,’ but that couldn’t be further from the truth! We put a massive amount of work in to achieve the highest standard within the Squadron, and we’re lucky that’s recognized by Aircrew.
8. If someone you knew was considering joining our team, what advice would you give them?
You will be joining a very supportive, hardworking team and the job is quite rewarding. Be open to the ability to learn new skills and being proactive in supporting customers.
PAC is currently searching for more system administrators to join Ellie’s team! Head to the Careers page to view all open positions and apply today.
To see more from our “Day in the Life” series, click here!