August 20, 2021
We are seeking an autonomous individual with displayed history of initiative, strong business acumen and ethical conduct. The PAC Position will be located in Patuxent River, MD or San Diego, CA and involves supporting the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Technical Liaison Office (TLO) in Systems and Structures engineering for the F/A-18 Hornet/Super Hornet/Growler.
The stand-alone role involves collaboration with Australia-based staff across different physical locations and multiple time zones and supports client tasks and objectives as well as corporate needs.
About the Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the role include:
Structural Integrity Support:
- Applying engineering authority to develop, review and provide advice on detailed designs and logistics for Engineering Change Proposals
- Understanding of the factors required to be satisfied to certify a system for use within the Australian Defence Force, as derived from applicable aviation regulations.
- Actively contributing to preparation for Board of Review examination of design packages and related aerospace support products
- Understanding of the factors and the required documentation involved in the certification of a safe system
- Assisting the customer in identification, monitoring and management of aerospace structural hazards and risk mitigation activities
- Reviewing fleet structural failure findings and other anomalies and providing disposition recommendations.
- Advising on matters including corrosion, fatigue management, aircraft structural testing and maintenance policy
- Responsible for advising on requirements definition and documentation on behalf of the customer for aircraft related designs, leading to a Statement of Requirement (SOR). Responsible for preparing those documents as authorized by the customer for review, and delivery and consultation on the content of those documents to a third party.
- Responsible to the customer for oversight of the design process, in accordance with best practice systems engineering. Provide direction to third parties on the minimum acceptable process in the conduct of design reviews on behalf of the customer.
- Responsible for the preparation of a Functional Performance Specification (FPS). Responsible for obtaining the drawings, specifications, manuals and other documents which form the basis for certification of the product, to the greatest extent possible and delivery to the customer.
- Providing advice to the client / Project Manager on scheduling engineering tasks
- Providing advice to the client / Project Manager on contract risks and issues
- Developing and reviewing project documentation
- Using configuration management systems
- Identification of configuration management requirements of new systems
- Identification of configuration management deficiencies in existing systems
Test and Evaluation / Verification:
- Developing and executing a Test Plan, leading to test reports and other data necessary to show compliance with an SOR
- Responsible for the collation and documentation of airworthiness issues identified in the course of evaluation, for risk analysis by the customer
- Critical analysis of test reports against the standards outlined in the FPS, and delivery to the customer of supporting documentation for the System Safety Analysis
This is a full-time salaried position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mechanical, aeronautical, systems, or similar)
- Post graduate qualification in aerospace engineering or related field is desirable
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ broad experience in Aerospace Engineering with at least 3 years’ specialized expertise Aerospace Project Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Acquisition or Sustainment.
- Experience with civilian and/or military aircraft system acquisition and certification frameworks, such as the Australian Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASRs)
- Experience with, or an understanding of the agencies associated with operation and maintenance of Australian and/or American military aircraft (especially F/A-18 and EA-18G)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-starter who identifies and pursues opportunities, and works well as part of a team or independently
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 desirable
- Familiarity with ITAR policies desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in at least three of the following seven areas:
- static and fatigue analytical methods.
- structural loads monitoring and associated data systems.
- service life determination.
- fatigue life assessment and extension programs
- certification test methods
- finite element modelling methods, or
- degradation mechanisms in metallic and composite materials
- Medical, Dental, Optical
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with matching
- Employee benefits and support program
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities for training, education and advancement
- Four weeks Annual Leave, six days Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays per annum.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of inclusivity. PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where employment decisions are made on the basis of merit and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are US or Australian citizens. Holding, or eligibility to obtain, and maintaining a secret security clearance is a condition of employment in this role.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.