January 4, 2022
PAC is an innovative, privately-owned company delivering high-impact operational capability to our Defence and commercial partners. Our trusted team of engineers, operational experts and technical specialists share a passion for the capabilities we support—always ready to go the extra mile to ensure mission success. We look for people who value integrity, flexibility and professionalism—these values set the standard for everything we do.
Our culture allows the unique opportunity to make—and see—an impact. We enable autonomy, value professional curiosity and decisiveness, and—above all—cultivate collaboration. Our dream candidate doesn’t just ‘fit’ our culture—they add something unique and enhance it.
As PAC experiences unprecedented growth, we are expanding our team in Nowra and are searching for an IT Security Professional. Someone who will take primary responsibility for the technical security of a client’s information systems, as outlined within Pacific Aerospace Consulting contracts.
As a Subject Matter Expert, assignments will vary, but will include the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with the accrediting authority and any other relevant agencies in order to draft and update security documents and implementing security controls to gain and maintain security accreditation at the required security classification level.
- Monitoring the overall security posture of the system, including system audits and assessments of security control effectiveness.
- Responding to, investigating and reporting on security incidents as directed by the Commonwealth Information Technology Security Manager (ITSM).
- Providing respectful, clear and accurate guidance to stakeholders regarding the implementation of technical controls, including the associated costs, risks and benefits.
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with all stakeholders involved with current contracts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ system administration experience (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory, Unix and scripting)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing networking technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, OSPF, NAT, VLAN, Switching, and Routing)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or relevant qualification in the Cyber Security domain (e.g., Security and Risk Management, Security Engineering, and Security Operations)
- Experience supporting clients to resolve high level IT issues
- Experience working within a Defence environment (ADF, APS or Defence Industry)
- Minimum NV1 security clearance, with the ability to obtain an NV2 security clearance if required
- ICT service management (e.g., ITIL) understanding and/or experience
- Fluent oral and written communication skills
- Conceptual and analytic skills relevant to Information Systems processes
- The ability to mentor team members and collaborate with senior staff and peers
- Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service focus
- Availability to partake in shift work and travel (e.g., locally, or domestically) if required
Life at PAC
We take great pleasure in seeing and empowering our people to thrive—personally and professionally. We recognise the value of your unique skills and will provide you with a flexible working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. We also offer paid Parental Leave, ADF Reserve Leave and a competitive Novated Lease program.
We know that our unique experiences and abilities strengthen our team. We are incredibly proud to be a signatory of the Veterans Employment Commitment and Soldier On Pledge. We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace and maintaining a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people. For further information about the position or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are Australian citizens.