January 24, 2022
PAC is an innovative, privately-owned company delivering high-impact operational capability to our Defence and commercial partners. Our trusted team of engineers, operational experts and technical specialists share a passion for the capabilities we support – always ready to go the extra mile to ensure mission success. We look for people who value integrity, flexibility and professionalism – these values set the standard for everything we do.
Our culture allows the unique opportunity to make – and see – an impact. We enable autonomy, value professional curiosity and decisiveness, and – above all – cultivate collaboration. Our dream candidate doesn’t just ‘fit’ our culture – they add something unique and enhance it.
As PAC continues to grow, we are expanding our team and seeking a Junior Aircraft Simulation Software Engineer. The position will be based in Atlanta (GA), Boise (ID), St. Louis (MO), Dallas Fort-Worth (TX) or Phoenix (AZ), with remote working an option for the right candidate.
As a Subject Matter Expert, assignments will vary, but will include the following responsibilities:
- Modifying, developing, writing, and implementing software programming applications related to avionics and aircraft systems (aerodynamics model, navigation, autoflight, propulsion, and maintenance).
- Participating in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software.
- Designing, developing, coding, and documenting applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
- Working independently under direction and guidance on non-routine tasks requiring judgement and initiative.
- Responsible for making minor changes in processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of approaches and routines being utilized.
- Identifying issues and proposing solutions for review.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, or related area with emphasis on flight dynamics and control.
- 2 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience coding with C++.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Current Driver’s License, without significant limitation; Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercising initiative and set/meet strict deadlines.
- Available to partake in shift work, support stakeholders across multiple time zones, and travel when required – locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Communication skills including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercising initiative while still meeting strict deadlines.
- Availability to partake in shift work and travel when required – locally and nationally
- Experience coding in Python.
- Experience in aviation industry.
- Experience with Visual Studio or comparable Integrated Development Environment.
- Experience with Subversion, Git or comparable source control software.
- Development knowledge in Windows. Experience with UNIX environment a plus.
- Experience with system testing concepts, performance issues, and testing optimization.
- Experience in real-time simulation development.
- Experience in Control Systems.
Life at PAC
We take great pleasure in seeing and empowering our people to thrive – personally and professionally. We recognise the value of your unique skills and will provide you with a flexible working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. Additional benefits include;
- Medical, Dental, Vision options
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with matching
- Employee benefits and support program
- Four weeks annual leave, six days sick leave and 10 paid holidays per annum.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Employment decisions are based solely on the best person for the job and without regard to candidate status, background and/or any characteristics protected by laws and regulations.
This is a full-time position.
To apply for this role or for further information about the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are approved to legally work in the USA. Holding, or eligibility to obtain, and maintaining a secret security clearance is a condition of employment in this role.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.