January 25, 2022
PAC is an innovative, privately-owned company delivering high-impact operational capability to our Defence and commercial partners. Our culture allows the unique opportunity to make—and see—an impact. We enable autonomy, value professional curiosity and decisiveness, and—above all—cultivate collaboration. Our dream candidate doesn’t just ‘fit’ our culture—they add something unique and enhance it.
As PAC experiences unprecedented growth, we are expanding our team and are looking for an Operations Manager to be based in either Canberra, Sydney or Williamtown. The Operations Manager will ensure effective daily operations and develop and implement long-term operational strategies reflecting PAC’s mission and vision.
As a Subject Matter Expert, assignments will vary, but will include the following responsibilities:
- Analyse existing processes and identify opportunities for increased productivity and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership to develop performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Oversee the documentation of all operations, ensuring consistent and effective workflows are in place.
- Ensure corporate compliance to meet contractual requirements.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for key initiatives.
- Plan, monitor, and analyse key metrics for daily operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Uphold organisational policies and standards, ensuring PAC follows relevant legislative and Quality Assurance regulations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ broad professional experience in Aerospace and Defence Projects
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience with:
- Operational functions such as finance, customer service, and employee management
- Project Management; specifically, planning and managing process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams (remote and onsite) in support of business operations
- Demonstrated management and decision making abilities of a high order
- Ability to gain and maintain a minimum NV1 security clearance
- Able to work flexible hours and travel when required – locally, nationally and internationally
- High-level knowledge of multiple operational functions including finance, customer engagement and personnel management
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and implement new roles and processes creating speed, efficiency, and supporting rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
Life at PAC
We take great pleasure in seeing and empowering our people to thrive—personally and professionally. We recognise the value of your unique skills and will provide you with a flexible working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. We also offer paid Parental Leave, ADF Reserve Leave and a competitive Novated Lease program.
We know that our unique experiences and abilities strengthen our team. We are incredibly proud to be a signatory of the Veterans Employment Commitment and Soldier On Pledge. We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace and maintaining a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
To apply for this role or for further information about the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of this role we are only able to consider applicants for this position who are Australian citizens.