Meet the team: Nyomie Horton

Nyomie Horton (aka Nomes) is our Capture Manager, part of the Business Development team. Her role involves reviewing, identifying, and capturing opportunities for PAC’s capabilities and managing the collaboration of effort in putting forward bids and submissions to prospective customers. Before joining PAC in June 2021, Nomes served in the Australian Army for 15 years as a Clerk, Military Policewoman and Australia Defence Force Investigator. However, since she left the Army, her work experience stretched from ‘wrangling’ a kindy room full of two-and-a-half to five-year-olds, working on a call centre, to running a coffee company alongside her husband. I know that the many valuable skills I’ve learnt across my various careers benefit me daily and assist me with my current role.”

Talking about the past, she compares the first day at PAC to an Eminem song: ‘My palms were sweaty/ Knees weak, arms were heavy / Vomit on my sweater already, my spaghetti / I was nervous, but on the surface / I looked calm and ready’. “But then I walked into the Canberra office, and I knew from the moment I met the rest of the team that I was home.” 

When asked what she likes the most about her job, Nomes says she feels constantly motivated to develop her skills and process:

“I love PAC as a company, and we have amazing technical people working for us. It’s so exciting to see that I play a part in growing and expanding our business to create more opportunities for our operational team, all while enhancing Defence capability – what’s not to love about that?” 

One of the reasons we love having Nomes on our team is that, since the beginning, she has taken her chances. “I asked a friend if they had an administration opportunity at PAC because he constantly posted on LinkedIn how much he loved his job”. Writing a resume for the first time in 20 years seemed as challenging as going to an interview with the CEO. Nomes was employed firstly as a Business Support Officer. “The team pushed me to believe in myself and gave me the confidence to see what I could achieve. I now know that PAC is more than just a job. It’s a career choice. I will forever be grateful to all the people who saw something in me that I couldn’t see at the time.”

Nome has many achievements throughout her life, but her biggest one, to date, is her 11yo daughter – “I’m immensely proud of the positive contribution I know she will make to the world”. But one piece of advice she gives to her daughter – or anyone else – is not to let your circumstances define who you can and will become. “Believe and stay true to yourself and be a good person. Never take no for an answer, and your determination and efforts will eventually put you on the right path”.

When not at work, Nomes enjoys the outdoors — trail running, hiking and camping. She also confesses that anything to do with Harry Potter, Lego and Christmas puts her in a ‘happy place.’ “I have to behave like an adult 85% of the time, so there is no way I’m wasting the other 15%, so I let my inner child run free.”

PAC is proud to have an experienced, full-of-life veteran like Nomes on our team, delivering exceptional work to our Business Development.

At PAC, we constantly recruit amazing people like Nomes. Check our current opportunities here or send an Expression of Interest to (AUS Division) or (USA Division).

Learn more about our services here.

Other news

Get in Touch

Let’s chat! We have the solution for your industry.

1940 Garnet Ave, Suite 200
San Diego CA 92109

Phone +1 858 456 5296
Fax 858 456 5297