Periodic Simulation Certification Training Instructor
PAC is an innovative, privately-owned company delivering high-impact operational capability to our Defense and commercial partners. Our trusted team of engineers, operational experts and technical specialists share a passion for the capabilities we support – always ready to go the extra mile to ensure mission success. We look for people who value integrity, flexibility, and professionalism – these values set the standard for everything we do.
Our culture allows us a unique opportunity to make – and see – an impact. We enable autonomy, value professional curiosity and decisiveness, and – above all – cultivate collaboration. Our dream candidate doesn’t just ‘fit’ our culture – they add something unique and enhance it.
About the role
Our team is seeking a Simulation Certification Instructor to train military pilots, flight engineers, and aviation civilians in flight simulation device evaluation and qualification activities required for the National Simulator Program qualification test. The instructor role is ad hoc, with the expectation of a minimum of three offerings per year. Each course entails either five days (40 hours) or eight days (64 hours) of classroom time, which is conducted in-person at the client’s worksite.
The Course Instructor Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Training – Conduct a combination of classroom-based learning and Full Flight Simulator device-based laboratory exercises that cover the fundamentals of simulator design elements such as aerodynamic modelling, control loading and motion, data sources, visual systems, audio systems, objective and subjective testing, simulator hardware, validation data challenges, and regulations as they pertain to FSTDs.
- Classroom Based Learning – Facilitate student learning through tutorials, case studies, and classroom discussions. The instructor provides invaluable knowledge by sharing experiences through question-and-answer sessions conducted throughout the course.
- Laboratory Based Practical Exercises – Apply classroom-based learning to practical, hands-on scenarios utilizing a Full Flight Simulator.
- Communication – Able to express ideas, course content, and experiences clearly and effectively to maximize student comprehension of the class material.
- Expertise – Able to demonstrate a broad depth of knowledge of Flight Simulation Training Device and the corresponding regulations through classroom discussions, Q&A sessions, and experience sharing.
- Travel – This position is typically completed at the customer’s worksite; therefore, travel is a requirement of the position. May be required to travel internationally.
The stand-alone role is dynamic and involves collaboration across different physical locations and multiple time zones and supports client tasks and objectives as well as corporate needs.
Our dream candidate is someone who:
- Minimum of one year experience as an instructor for the Federal Aviation Administration Part 60 Simulator Certification Course at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Direct experience as a commercial and/or military pilot or flight engineer.
- Subject Matter Expert in Flight Simulator Devices.
- Expert understanding of 14 Code of Regulation (CFR) Part 60 current guidance.
- Experience working with the National Simulator Program as an evaluator or instructor.
- Values autonomy and naturally takes ownership.
- Displays initiative and has exceptional attention to detail.
- Has a strong work ethic and always displays integrity and professionalism.
Life at PAC
We recognize the value of your unique skills and will provide you with a flexible working environment, ongoing training and development opportunities and a competitive salary. Additional benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation leave, sick leave and public holidays.
Integrity is one of PAC’s core values and as such, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Employment decisions are based solely on the best person for the job and without regard to candidate status, background and/or any characteristics protected by laws and regulations.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. US citizenship is required for most positions.
Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
PAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
1099 – Consultant
Government, Defense, and commercial aviation
USA (international travels may be required)
Join our team!
Or apply through